2023 Annual Conference Lodging
We have a limited room block at the Unscripted Hotel (202 Corcoran Street, Durham, NC 27701), the landmark 1962 Jack Tar motel. Now known as the Unscripted, the building was fully renovated in 2017 into a trendy Mid-Century Modern boutique hotel in the center of downtown, one block from the main conference venue.
Rooms in the block are available for Wednesday and Thursday at a discounted rate of $189 + tax per night and include:
- complimentary garaged parking (a $20/night value)
- lite grab-and-go coffee and breakfast
- waived facility/resort fee
Guests will need contact the Unscripted directly to make their individual reservations by the cut-off date of September 4, 2023.
Reservations may be booked online (click here to book in block) or by calling reservations at 984-329-9500 Monday–Friday between 8:00AM to 5:00PM. When making reservations, request the PRESERVATION NC Room Block. All reservations must be made in the block, before September 4, to receive complimentary parking, breakfast, and the discounted rate.
**The Unscripted Hotel recently underwent a transition and is now managed by Hyatt Hotels. If you booked your room in the block before July 26, we strongly encourage you to call and confirm your reservation and rate as soon as possible.**
Please be aware that our room block cannot be enlarged. Once the block is filled/expired we can no longer guarantee availability.
Other local hotel options:
*Preservation NC does not have an arranged block of rooms and does not guarantee availability
- 21c Museum Hotel Durham
- 111 North Corcoran Street, Durham, NC 27701
- Starting at $259 per night + tax
- The Durham Hotel
- 315 E. Chapel Hill Street, Durham, NC 27701
- Starting at $269 per night + tax
- Durham Marriott City Center
- 201 Foster Street, Durham, NC 27701
- Starting at $263 per night + tax