This brick Gothic Revival Church on the corner of West Green Street and Jackson Street in the Old Wilson Historic District was designed by architect Solon Balias Moore and constructed by Jones Brothers in 1920.
The structure follows the traditional gable roofed cruciform plan. The facade features a narthex with a deeply recessed arched double-door entryway and pairs of small lancet-shaped stained-glas windows.
On the front corner, a projecting side entrance to the balcony encloses another set of doors matching those on the front. Noteworthy elements include hand-wrought iron door hinges, decorative stone-capped parapets, and the doors' arched corbelled surrounds.
Kathryn Ferrari Bethune
Preservation of Wilson