2440 Hodges Road — Glencoe Mill Village
- 1,400 square feet
- Lot Size: .5 acres / Zoning: Residential
Originally a home for workers at Glencoe Mill, the house is one of about 40 homes built in the late 1880s and restored in Burlington’s historic Glencoe Mill Village. The restoration was completed in 2008 by master carpenter Neil Carey and features multiple examples of his quality construction, such as handmade cabinets and storage chests with dovetailed joints. Three bedrooms, two full baths, large kitchen with granite counters and walnut cabinets, laundry room, living room, screened porch and top of the line appliances, a fireplace with a gas stove, original floors, heart of pine walls and beamed ceilings,antique light fixtures, inside storm windows and a new house generator are features that help assure a life-style of comfort.
The house was restored but not added onto, so new owners may add about 700 square feet of additional space to the roughly 1400 square feet on the +/-.5-acre lot. Potential owners can take pride knowing they are preserving a part of the history of this region. The village includes a park for children and a regional history museum. Alamance County Parks Department owns the property along the Haw River at the edge of the Village and maintains hiking trails and picnic areas. Indian Valley Golf Course is located about two miles away.
The house is for sale by owners for $250,000 at roughly the cost of the restoration. Please call 336-227-2593 or 859-200-7771 and leave a message to request an appointment to view the house.
All historic homes in the Glencoe Mill Village are under protective covenants held by Preservation North Carolina. Please contact Dawn Williams at email@example.com or 919-832-3652 x221 to request a copy of these covenants.