J.J. Easley House
- 3,800 square feet
Built between 1902 and 1903 by J.J. Easley, a local oil dealer, the Easley house is a simple late Victorian two-story structure with clipped gables, and a detailed front bay window. The first-floor features hardwood floors, plaster walls, and some plaster ceilings and some acoustical tile ceilings. The second floor contains two full bathrooms and five bedrooms along with a large laundry/common area. The basement was previously used as an office space and contains a raised floor, furred out gypsum wall board walls, and one half bath. The house has approximately 3800 square feet. The house is for sale for $1.
The house is owned by Augsburg Lutheran Church and received a COA (Certificate of Appropriateness) from the Historic Resources Commission which will permit their demolition beginning September 4, 2020. The church is cooperating with Preservation Forsyth and its partners to examine solutions for saving the house. The house is a contributing structure in the West End National Register Historic District and could be eligible for the North Carolina and federal preservation tax credits.
Preservation Forsyth is working closely with the West End Neighborhood Association to preserve this important historic structure through its sale and relocation.
For more information, or to make arrangements to see the houses contact George Edwards at Preservation Forsyth, email@example.com.