M.C. and Martha Todd House – SOLD!
- 2,627 square feet
- Lot Size: 0.82 acres / Zoning: R-2
(919) 601-1853, email@example.com
Built around 1920 the M.C. and Martha Todd “aeroplane bungalow” in the heart of the Wendell National Register Historic District is perhaps the most noteworthy example of Craftsman-style architecture in Wake County, with its Oriental-flavored multi-planed roof, broad flaring eaves with exposed rafter ends, banks of multiple windows and porch details (The Historic Architecture of Wake County, North Carolina 1994, by Kelly A. Lally). The town of Wendell and Wake County have honored this property by designating it a local Historic Landmark thus making it eligible for a 50% property tax deferral as long as its exterior appearance is preserved.
This restored and well maintained house retains its original floor plan with generous front porch, a living room with fireplace and built-in bookcases and a large dining room with built-in cupboards both with coffered ceilings. Also on the main level is an office/study, and a spacious master bedroom with two walk-in closets and a recently renovated en suite bath. The kitchen with original amazing built-in pantry has been updated with granite countertops and Alterna engineered stone flooring. The first floor is completed with a comfortable family room added in 1957 with fireplace and bookshelves. On the second floor are two bedrooms, with walk-in closets, and a full bath. Beautifully refinished hardwood floors of oak and pine extend throughout the house.
In the basement are a (2014) natural gas furnace and (2016) electric hot water heater. Outside a HVAC/heat pump provide zoned heating and air. The exterior is newly painted and the .9 acre lot is beautifully landscaped and has a detached two car garage and a storage/work shed equipped with 240 amp electrical service. The shed has been recently painted and has a new roof.
Come enjoy small town charm and an historic home in growing Wendell just 20 minutes from downtown Raleigh and 40 minutes from RTP via Hwys. 264 and 540.