Dr. F.W. Hughes Building (2nd Floor)
Historic Property on Second Floor For Sale
If you like history, culture, and a chance to restore a unique property, look no further! The area is ideal for a renovated condo or retail space. The Dr. F.W. Hughes Building was constructed in 1904 and rented by Romulus A. Nunn, a prominent attorney, Craven County Superior Court Judge, and distinguished local historian. The second floor’s 2500 square foot shell property offers original massive Judge Nunn bookcases, bead board walls, and 14-foot ceilings. The area has an open floor plan with non-load bearing walls.
- Separate street entrance.
- In need of total renovation.
- Firewall between first and second floors.
- Potential elevator access from the alley.
- ½ of the alley for landscaping options.
- New roof installed in Sept. 2019
- Street level first floor retail business leased by owners
- High ceilings
- Hardwood floors
- Bead board walls
- Wide moldings
- Original doors
- Two bathrooms with original fixtures