- 2,152 square feet
- Lot Size: 0.65 acres / Zoning: Residential
Meade and Colleen Shore
Believed to be built in late 1800’s, the Walters House is currently under renovation and about 75% complete (kitchen, rear foyer & lower master bedroom are left to complete). The house is on a lovely large wooded lot in the center of town with beautiful old oak trees in the front yard and many smaller trees in the rear. The home has seven rooms with both front and rear foyers and features pine and oak floors throughout. A fireplace or stove flue is located in every room, plaster walls, crown molding, and 10″ moldings throughout most the formal rooms and foyers. The two-story single-pile clapboard structure has a low hip roof, bay projections and a long rear ell with fishtail shingles decorating the central gable. The windows have peaked and molded lintels. Quiet tree-shaded streets surround the Walters House.
The Warrenton National Register Historic District includes about 90% of the buildings in town. Warrenton, the county seat of rural Warren County, is a historic town with many beautifully restored 18th and 19th-century residences, fine antique shops, and comfortable bed and breakfast inns. Located in the northern piedmont of North Carolina, Warrenton retains the charm and ease of a country village. It is an hour drive northeast of Raleigh and Durham, and one-and-half hours from Richmond VA. Interstate 85 is seven miles west of town and Rt. 158 takes you towards Lake Gaston and Roanoke Rapids.
The property may be a candidate for historic preservation tax credits.
The historic Walters House is under protective covenants held by Preservation North Carolina. Please contact Dawn Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-832-3652 x 221 to request a copy of these covenants.