There are various opportunities to volunteer with Preservation NC throughout the state, from helping out in one of our Regional Offices or Headquarters, to taking photographs, to assisting at our Annual Conference and Preservation Celebrations. Many of the volunteer opportunities in our offices throughout the state would occur during normal business hours (9am to 5pm), Monday through Friday.
At our new headquarters location in Raleigh, we are searching for volunteers interested in gardening-related tasks (this can be done outside of normal business hours), organizing files, and for a coordinator to help us better utilize our volunteers.
For our events and conference, we have multiple ways you can help, from preparing welcome packages for attendees, assisting with our Honor Awards video, helping with event set up and decoration, greeting attendees and helping with registration, as well other tasks to make sure our events run smoothly.
Our Regional Offices are in need of volunteers!
Are you interested in historic preservation and have some time to help out at one of our Regional Offices? With just three Regional Directors and 850+ properties protected by Preservation North Carolina, we could really use your help! We are searching for volunteers who are available to dedicate a few hours every week, bi-weekly or monthly to help with the following tasks:
- Take photos of historic properties within the region, specifically properties currently available for purchase.
- Respond to property inquiries, including scheduling showings and answering basic questions.
- Show properties to prospective buyers.
- Schedule and conduct inspections of protected properties.
- Assist with filing and other organizational needs.
- Research information about historic properties (for newly acquired option or donated properties).
- Create floor plans for properties currently available for purchase (volunteers would need AutoCAD or similar for this task).
315 Evans Street, Greenville
735 9th Street, Durham
2 ½ E. Warren Street, Suite 8
For a list of counties within each region, go to www.presnc.org/about/regional-offices.
If interested in any of the volunteering opportunities above, please complete and return a Volunteer Interest Questionnaire to Annie Jernigan at email@example.com. Please include the days of the week/month and hours you are available (office hours are Monday through Friday, from 9am to 5pm).