Thank you for your interest in employment with Preservation North Carolina.
Summer Internship Opportunity
Help manage Preservation North Carolina’s 2021 Preservation Honor Awards Program.
- Manage application process (collect and respond to award applicants).
- Review and request additional information (images, contact information, etc.) from applicants/nominations.
- Prepare Award Committee documents (nomination summaries and presentations).
- Prepare awards notifications and draft press releases (using in-house template).
- Other tasks as needed.
Strong writer, attention to detail, comfortable creating presentations and working with digital images, video and graphic design software (Adobe Photoshop, Canva, Adobe Spark, etc.).
Please submit cover letter and resume to Dawn Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Regional Offices are in need of volunteers!
Are you interested in historic preservation and have some time to help out at one of our Regional Offices? We are searching for volunteers who are available to dedicate a few hours every week, bi-weekly or monthly to help with the following tasks:
- Take photos of historic properties within the region, specifically properties currently available for purchase.
- Respond to property inquiries, including scheduling showings and answering basic questions.
- Show properties to prospective buyers.
- Schedule and conduct inspections of protected properties.
- Assist with filing and other organizational needs.
- Research information about historic properties (for newly acquired option or donated properties).
- Create floor plans for properties currently available for purchase (volunteers would need AutoCAD or similar for this task).
315 Evans Street, Greenville
735 9th Street, Durham
2 ½ E. Warren Street, Suite 8
If interested, please complete and return a Volunteer Interest Questionnaire (download the file to your computer and then open it using Adobe Reader rather than a web browser) to Marilyn Drath at email@example.com. Please include the days of the week/month and hours you are available (office hours are Monday through Friday, from 9am to 5pm).
For a list of counties within each region, go to www.presnc.org/about/regional-offices.